Torah Corps Immersive
In partnership with Reform rabbis, cantors, and educators from around the world, Torah Corps offers participants deep learning and critical engagement with words of Torah. By incorporating a selection of texts that span the long history of the Jewish people, students are empowered to see themselves as an essential part of an ongoing and evolving intellectual and spiritual tradition.
"Torah Corps was the best Jewish learning experience I've ever had. We had so many heated debates and thoughtful conversations. I’m excited to bring back the spirit of debate, argument, and discussion, as well as engaging with Jewish texts." Carly, North Point, Florida
This is for the teen who...
...brings passion, curiosity, creativity, a cooperative spirit and a commitment to foster the holiness of Torah study and of each participant.
5 Key Takeaways
Five things prospective participants should know:
- Participants will become familiar with a wide breadth of Jewish sacred texts, spanning from the ancient to the contemporary
- Participants will deepen their sense of Jewish practice, spirituality and identity through bold, critical engagement with Jewish text, ritual and tradition
- Participants will develop a meaningful sense of Jewish communal belonging through small and large group study, reflection and discussion
- Participants will hone their interpretative skills so as to become more insightful readers, thinkers and visionaries for the future of Jewish spiritual and communal life
- Participants will share their learning with the Kutz community through their contributions to camp-wide programming and worship, gaining valuable teaching and leadership experience
Torah Corps is an immersive text study experience for emerging Jewish leaders. While the curriculum varies from summer to summer, its ultimate goal is to facilitate deep learning and critical engagement with words of Torah. By incorporating a selection of texts that span the long history of the Jewish people, participants are empowered to see themselves as an essential part of an ongoing and evolving intellectual and spiritual tradition.
In partnership with Reform Rabbis and Jewish educators from around the world, the Torah Corps Immersive Teacher provides participants with valuable contextual and background information pertaining to the text at hand. Ultimately, however, Torah Corps is powered by the passion, curiosity and creativity of its participants.
All learning in Torah Corps is approached with a cooperative spirit and a commitment to foster the holiness of Torah study and of each participant. If you are willing to question and be questioned, to think fearlessly and listen deeply, to swim in the sea of Jewish text and be transformed by study, then Torah Corps needs YOU!